Batman: Arkham City Achievements & New Game Plus Mode Details
Good ol’ Brucey the Guano-Man is getting ready to don his cape and take the fight to the streets once again with the upcoming Batman: Arkham City. Seeing as how nothing is a secret anymore, the full list of achievements/trophies have been revealed, but what’s more interesting is the New Game Plus mode that is revealed within that list.
The full list of Batman: Arkham City achievements/trophies were revealed last week. But if you are more of the ‘wait and see’ type, then try your best to refrain from clicking the button below as these lists can often reveal major plot points.
[toggle title="Batman Arkham City Achievements/Trophies"]
- I’m Batman (10) – Become the Bat
- Acid Bath (10) – Save the damsel, but is she in distress?
- Savior (10) – Save the medical volunteers
- Chimney Sweep (10) – There is only one way in
- One Armed Bandit (10) – Hammer the point home
- Communication Breakdown (10) – Clear the airwaves
- Gladiator (10) – Last man standing
- Wrecking Ball (25) – Stop the unstoppable
- Lost And Found (10) – Uncover the secret of Arkham City
- Sand Storm (25) – We are legion
- Hide And Seek (25) – A deadly game of hide and seek
- Ghost Train (25) – Fight for survival
- Freefall (25) – Don’t look down
- Exit Stage Right (50) – All the world is a stage
- Forensic Expert (10) – Collect enough evidence to locate the gun for hire
- Contract Terminated (25) – Stop the contract operative
- Serial Killer (25) – Track down the serial killer
- Mystery Stalker (15) – Reveal the mystery watcher
- Distress Flare (5) – Answer the call for help
- Broken Toys (25) – Destroy it all
- Ring Ring (5) – Answer a ringing phone
- Dial Z For Murder (25) – Stop the phone booth killer
- Stop the Clock (15) – Time is running out
- Bargaining Chip (15) – Reunite the separated couple
- AR Knight (25) – Complete all augmented reality training exercises
- Fully Loaded (10) – Collect all of Batman’s gadgets and upgrades
- Aggravated Assault (10) – Stop all assaults in Arkham City
- IQ Test (10) – Solve the first riddle
- Conundrum (20) – Rescue the first hostage from Riddler
- Mastermind (20) – Rescue the second hostage from Riddler
- Puzzler (30) – Rescue the third hostage from Riddler
- Intellectual (30) – Rescue the fourth hostage from Riddler
- Brainteaser (40) – Rescue the fifth hostage from Riddler
- Genius (50) – Rescue all the hostages from Riddler
- Bronze Revenge (10) – Obtain 24 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Batman)
- Silver Revenge (20) – Obtain 48 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Batman)
- Gold Revenge (40) – Obtain all 72 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Batman)
- Campaign Bronze (10) – Obtain 24 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Batman)
- Campaign Silver (20) – Obtain 72 medals on the original Arkham City campaigns (as Batman)
- Campaign Gold (40) – Obtain all 108 medals on the original Arkham City campaigns (as Batman)
- Flawless Freeflow Fighter 2.0 (5) – Complete one combat challenge without taking damage (any character)
- Twice Nightly (75) – Complete New Game Plus
- Gotham Base Jumper (5) – Jump off the tallest building in Arkham City and glide for 1 minute without touching the ground
- Pay Your Respects (5) – A moment of remembrance
- Story Teller (10) – Have 12 murderous dates with Calendar Man
- Catch (5) – Find someone to play remote Batarang catch with
- 50x Combo (5) – Complete a combo of 50 moves (any play mode, any character)
- Perfect Freeflow 2.0 (5) – Perform a perfect combo including all of Batman’s combat moves (any play mode)
- Gadget Attack (5) – Use 5 different Quickfire gadgets in one fight (any play mode)
- Perfect Knight: Day 2 (75) – Main Story, Side Missions, Upgrades, Collectables, New Game Plus and Riddlers Revenge (as Batman)
The most interesting achievement/trophy has to be Twice Nightly (75) – Complete New Game Plus as it confirms that Batman: Arkham City will in fact have a New Game Plus Mode. Plenty of games are opting for this feature, but often times nothing new is added or the game’s difficulty level is simply ratcheted up a few notches. After a week of speculation and excitement, Rocksteady community manager Sarah Wellock came to the rescue and answered some questions about the game mode.
New Game Plus Mode is unlocked simply by beating the game on normal or hard mode. Once unlocked, you start the game over, but with ALL of your gadgets from the end of your first play through. You also start with ALL of your XP and unlocked upgrades.
You may think that would make the game easier, but you’d be wrong. The thugs this time around will no longer have counter icons and the tougher thugs will be available right from the beginning of the game and in different configurations. The boss battles will be far more difficult as they will be far more cunning than before.
Although the game will be far more difficult, you will technically have the upper hand because you will have all of your gadgets and XP. Brains over brawn this time around.
Finally, New Game Plus will be one standard difficulty setting regardless of whether you finished the game on normal or hard. You can also replay the game without entering New Game Plus, you just won’t have access to all of your gadgets and XP.
Dan Curtis, our resident ManaTank Batman expert has done a full on Arkham City preview and you can check it out right here.
And if you really want to know just exactly what the game feels like, Jess Clarkson had the opportunity to get her mitts on the game at the Canadian Fan Expo.